CFFI 0.11.0 has been released on Feb 25th, 2013, but I only finished writing the release notes today:
- new feature: fsbv has been integrated into CFFI, courtesy of Liam Healy. This means we now support passing structs by value via [libffi](http://sourceware.org/libffi/)! NB: in order to differentiate between structure passing by value from structure by reference,
:pointershould be used. The old way of referring to struct types by bare name is now deprecated.
- new feature: a new MKCL backend has been added courtesy of Jean-Claude Beaudoin.
- enhancement: the ABCL backend has improved considerably thanks to Mark Evenson and Stas Boukarev.
- enhancement: the ECL backend now supports multiple linking strategies thanks to Juanjo Garcia-Ripoll.
foreign-freeis non-consing on SBCL. (Thanks to Stas Boukarev.)
- bugfix: in some situations we were not signalling a warning upon defining a foreign type using a symbol from the
:keywordpackages. Because of this, some projects will see new compilation warnings that will require fixing.
- and various other bugfixes.